Designing and Managing the Digital Organization
The Journal of Organization Design (JOD) welcomes submissions to a new article collection focused on 'Designing and Managing the Digital Organization.'
Increasingly, organizations are assessing opportunities, developing and delivering products and services, and interacting with their customers and other stakeholders digitally. Digital technology, social media, and big data are the drivers of the future workplace, and they are already having large social and economic impacts such as increased competition and collaboration, the disruption of both old and new industries, and organizations struggling to develop new capabilities and transform their cultures.
Computers, software tools and applications, communications networks, robots, 3-D printers, and other digital technologies are changing the way organizations are designed and managed, in terms of both improving existing practices and developing new businesses and approaches. Moreover, digital technologies are changing not only organizations but also the way we think about organizing. Both public and private organizations in the Digital Age will be quite different from today’s organizations.
Papers that address any aspect of designing and/or managing highly digitized organizations are welcome. Topics can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implications of digital technology for the design of organizations
- Implications of digital technology for the management of organizations
- How digital technology can be assimilated and used by organizations
- Process of digital transformation
- Talent management in the digital organization
- Business model innovation enabled by digital technology
- Design of the future workplace
- Prototyping processes facilitated by digital technology
- Performance management in the digital organization
JOD publishes several types of papers including research papers, case studies, and points of view, all of which can be submitted to this collection.
This article collection is currently accepting new submissions.
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the Instructions for Authors for the Journal of Organization Design. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Organization Design submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct collection, please select the appropriate "thematic series" in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the 'Designing and Managing the Digital Organization' article collection or thematic series. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published.
Børge Obel, Aarhus University, Denmark
Charles Snow, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
Submissions will benefit from the following advantages of Open Access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For queries, please contact Development Editor Erica Gordon-Mallin.
Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal to keep updated on articles published in Journal of Organization Design - including articles published in this collection!
- ISSN: 2245-408X
144.5 = 2016 Usage Factor
All-time Altmetric impact
282 mentions on social media and in press